But what are cookies?
Taken from the English term "magic cookies", they are small text files whose mission is to collect data and keep them in memory, not for the purpose of surveillance or suspicion at a distance but to facilitate the often tedious path of browsing the Internet to send the best services that the visiting Internet surfer needs. These cookies also record user data, those that identify themselves during visits to a site and are also used to count the number of passages, on a day, a month or more of visitors, to survey attendance to "said"site in question.
Should we accept or refuse the cookies?
Yes and no.
Enabling or disabling cookies is a matter of personal choice and each browser allows you to do it through the "Help Menu" used in the management of the cookies.
You can also clean the computer by clearing out its cookies, once the site has been visited and the information received, in order not to leave any trace of one’s passage on the site concerned.
For more information on cookies, simply go to the following link:
Latest Amendment: May 22nd, 2018
CHATEAU DE MERCUES’ COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
We consider our customers’ privacy protection as our first priority to offer you exceptional times and stays in our hotel
Your complete satisfaction and confidence are absolutely essential for us.
That’s why, as part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we set up a customer privacy protection policy.
The main rules applicable within our hotel are based on « 6 principles ».
By « personal data »we mean any piece of information collected and recorded in a format that enables us to identify you personally, either directly (e.g. Name) or indirectly (e.g. Phone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend you read the document below describing our customer privacy protection policy.
6 PRINCIPLES TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVATE DATA
The 6 principles hereinafter shall apply:
1. Transparency: When collecting and recording your personal data, we will provide you with all information and inform you about the purpose and recipients of the data.
2. Legitimacy: We shall collect and process your personal data only for the purpose described in this policy.
3. Relevance and Accuracy: We shall collect only relevant data. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the data we maintain are accurate and up to date.
5. Access, amendment, objection: You may access, amend, revise or remove your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving commercial clutter. You have the right to access, amend or remove any communication of personal information about you by contacting Le Château de Mercuès 46090 Mercuès – Phone: 05 65 20 80 99 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Privacy and Security: We shall ensure the suitable technical and organizational steps are put in place to protect your personal data against alteration, accidental or unlawful loss or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE RECORDED?
At any time, we may ask you as a customer, for information about yourself and/or your family members, such as:
• Contact details (e.g. last name, first name, phone number, email, children, etc.);
• Your credit card number (for transaction and booking purposes only)
• Your arrival and departure dates
• Your preferences and interest areas (e.g. Preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, your leisure activities, cultural interests, …)
• Your questions / comments during or after your stay.
Information gathering about people under 18 is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be provided by an adult. We would be very grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent (particularly on the web).
We deliberately do not collect sensitive information such as information about race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
WHEN ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA RECORDED?
Personal data may be recorded at different times, including:
1. Hotel activities
• Room reservation;
• Check in and payment;
• Consumption via the Hotel bar or restaurant during a stay;
• Requests, complaints and/or disputes;
2. Participation in marketing programs or events:
• Affiliate programs;
• Customer surveys (e.g. Guest Satisfaction Survey);
• On-line games or competitions;
• Newsletter subscription in order to receive offers and promotion via email;
3. Transmission of information via third parties:
• Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems and so on …
4. Internet activities:
• Connection to chateaudemercues.com website (IP address, cookies)
• Online forms (on-line reservation, questionnaires, Château de Mercuès pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.)
We collect your personal data to:
1. Fulfill our commitments to our customers.
2. Manage room reservations and accommodation requests:
• Creation and legal records retention in compliance with accounting standards.
3. Manage your stay at our hotel:
• Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, etc.);
• Manage access to room;
• Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (assault and rudeness, non-respect of the hotel contract, non-respect of safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism or payment defaults).
4. Improvement of our hotel services, especially:
• Records of your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, brand promotions and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes;
• Adapt our products and services to meet your requirements in the best way;
• Customize commercial offers and relationship message we send you;
• Keep you informed of our special offers and new services;
5. Manage our relationship with our customers before, during and after your stay:
• Manage the Affiliate program;
• Qualification of our customer database;
• Segmentation operation based on reservation review and customer travel preferences in order to send targeted communications;
• Predictand anticipate future behaviors;
• Develop statistical data and commercial scores and carry out reports;
• Provide background data to the offer push tool when a customer visits our website or makes a reservation;
• Know about the faithful customer preferences and manager them;
• Send newsletters, promotions and tourism offers, bedding or catering offers, or to contact you by phone;
• Manage requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys;
• Duly note the right to object.
6. Use of a trusted third party to cross-check, analyze and combinate your data recorded when booking, or during your stay, to determine your interests and your customer profile and enable us to send you tailor-made offers.
7. Continuously improvement of our services, especially:
• To carry out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments;
• Claim management;
• To offer you the benefits of our Affiliates program.
8. To secure and enhance your use of our website, especially:
• Improved navigation
• Security and fraud prevention features
9. Local legislation compliance (e.g. accounting documents records, Wi-Fi connection date records, etc.)
THIRD-PARTY’S CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to conditions described hereinbelow:
1. Within the hotel, in order to offer you the best service, we may share your personal data and give access to authorized staff members, including:
• Hotel staff
• Reservation staff using reservation tools
• IT department
• Commercial partners and marketing services
2. With service providers and partners (data processors): Your personal data may be sent to a third party to supply you with services or to improve your stay, for instance:
• External service providers: IT sub-contractors, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers;
• Commercial partners
3. Local authorities: We may also send your information to local authorities id this is required by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local legislation.
Le Château de Mercuès takes appropriates technical and administrative steps, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental loss, destruction or alteration, and unauthorized access or disclosure. For this purpose, we have taken technical (such as firewalls) and administrative (such as user ID/Password system, physical defenses, etc.) measures.
When you submit credit card data when making a reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a safe transaction.
We store your personal data only during the period needed for the purposes described in this policy in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right of access and rectification of your personal data if subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right to object in writing to the address hereinafter:
Le Château de Mercuès 46090 Mercuès – France or by email : email@example.com
For the privacy and personal data safety purpose, we may need to identify you in order to your inquiry. You will be asked to include a copy of an official ID, such as a driver license or passport, along with your request.
All inquiries will be processed as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may amend this policy from time to time. Therefore, we recommend you to read it frequently, particularly when making a reservation at our hotel.
QUESTIONS ET CONTACTS
For any question concerning our personal data protection policy, pleas contact us at the following address:
Le Château de Mercuès 46090 Mercuès ou par email à firstname.lastname@example.org